一Choose the best answer.
1. ----Must I finish the work now?
----No, you __________. You can do it in the afternoon.
A. mustn’t B. don’t C. needn’t D. can’t
2. To be a lovely Shanghainese, we __________ be helpful and friendly to others.
A. should B. can C. need D. may
3. __________ the evening of March 23, he became a member of the army.
A. On B. In C. Of D. At
4. We can see a lot of old people __________ morning exercise on our way to school.
A. does B. do C. doing D. did
5. I will go to Sheshan if I __________ time this weekend.
A. will have B. has C. having D. have
6. We use paper and glue __________ model planes.
A. make B. makes C. to making D. for making
7. Owen is __________ in Britain.
A. one of the best players B. one of the good players
C. one of the best player D. one of the better players
8. __________ people died in the world war many years ago.
A. Many millions B. Millions of C. Million of D. Millions
9. We get wood __________ trees and we use wood __________ make paper and other things.
A. from; to B. from; for C. to; for D. for; to
10. I won’t __________ much time flying to Beijing from Shanghai.
A. take B. spend C. cost D. pay
11. Let me __________ a look at your new dress.
A. have B. to have C. having D. had
12. ----Would you like some milk?
---- Yes, just __________.
A. few B. a few C. little D. a little
13. __________ go there by sea?
A. Why don’t to B. Why don’t C. Why not D. Why not you
14. The fire extinguisher is __________ the wall __________ the back staircase.
A. on; at B. in; on C. in; at D. on; in
15. Our chairs are made __________ wood. The paper is also made __________ wood.
A. of; of B. of; from C. from; from D. from; of
1. __________ people usually make some mistakes. (care)
2. His __________ made us very sad. (die)
3. I __________ like chocolates very much. (real)
4. Look, the dog looks very __________. (hunger)
5. Big waves in the sea may sink __________ boats. (fish)
1. Thank you for __________ me the news. (tell)
2. Eddie often has a bad cold in winter, __________ he? (do)
3. He __________ __________ away from my hometown for ten years. (be)
4. Mary __________ never __________ to Japan. (be)
5. I’d rather __________ at home. (stay)
A. finally B. rescued C. got ready for D. bright E. over
1. There are more than 20 million people in this town.
2. Alice has prepared for her performance at Christmas.
3. Because of his hard study, he got an A in his English test at last.
4. Who saved your pet dog last week?
5. Bill is a smart boy. He can solve a lot of problems by himself.
1. It’s about 30 minutes’ ride from my home to the Grand Theatre.
__________ __________ is it from your home to the Grand Theatre?
2. Danny don’t go to see a doctor yesterday because he was busy with his work.
__________ __________ Danny go to see a doctor yesterday?
3. I’ll be five kilogrammes heavier when I am 25 years old.
__________ will you be __________ when you are 25 years old?
4. Firemen use breathing equipment to protect them from smoke. (对划线部分提问)
__________ do firemen use breathing equipment __________?
5. The fire burnt a lot of trees last year. (改为否定句)
The fire __________ burn __________ trees last year.
A. True or false.
Mrs. Brown’s mother was ill in bed tow days ago. So she had to go and look after her. Before she left, she said to her husband, “I must tell you where everything is, or you don’t know what to do, but my train is leaving in half an hour’s time and I must go now.”
“Don’t worry,” Mr. Brown said, “I can look after myself.” In fact, he could not do anything without his wife. But when his wife came back the next day, she did not have to wash any plates because he had his metals in restaurants.
1. Mr. Brown’s mother was ill in bed two days ago.
2. Mrs. Brown went to look after her sick mother.
3. Before she left, Mrs. Brown did not tell her husband where everything was.
4. Mr. Brown had his meals in restaurants.
5. Mrs. Brown didn’t have to wash any plates because there were no plates to wash.
B. Choose the best answer.
A boy who was cleaning shoes in the street said to a young man passing by, “Let me clean your shoes. ” The young man said, “No, thank you.” ”You may pay me only a pound, sir.” Said the boy. But the young man refused again. Then the boy told him that he would clean his shoes for nothing. The young man agreed to this, and soon one of his shoes was shining brightly. The man put the other shoe on the boy, but the boy refused to clean it unless he was paid two pounds for his work. The young man refused to pay anything and went away. But the dirty one looked so bad that he couldn’t walk away. He had to turn back and gave the boy two pounds. In a very short time his shoes shone brightly.
1. The boy was a shoes __________.
A. cleaner B. maker C. repairer D. seller
2. At first the young man refused to clean his shoes, because __________.
A. he couldn’t pay B. he had not enough money
C. he didn’t think it necessary D. he had just cleaned his shoes
3. Then the young man agreed to clean his shoes, because the boy asked for __________..
A. two pounds B. one pound C. nothing D. few money
4. The boy refused to clean the second shoe, because __________
A. it was very dirty B. the young man paid only one pound
C. it was difficult to clean D. he asked to be paid two pounds
5. The boy said he would clean the young man’s shoes for nothing just in order to __________.
A. show his kindness B. help the young man
C. get more money from him D. let everyone see/
C. Mrs. Black was a poor old woman and she lived in a small village. Her husband died ten years ago. But she had a 24-year-old daughter. Her name was Alice. She worked in New York and lived there. It was far away from her mother’s village, and she was not happy about this. One day Alice said to her mother, “I’ve found a good job in Boston, and I can make a lot of money there, so I will go to work in Boston next week. But don’t worry, Mum, I’ll send you some money every week.”
A month later, Mrs. Black was very angry. She decided to go to see her daughter in Boston on a train. When she saw her daughter, she said, “Alice, why do you never call me?”
Alice laughed, “But mother, ”she said, “Alice, why do you never call me?”
“No,” she answered, “I haven’t, but you have got one.”
1. Where did Mrs. Black live?
2. Did Mrs. Black live with her daughter?
3. Why did Alice go to work in Boston?
4. A month later, how did Mrs. Black go to see her daughter in Boston?
5. Had Alice telephoned her mother? Why?
D. Choose the words and expressions and complete the passage.
John lives next to Tom. He spends much __________ on his research work and is busy all the time. He hates to __________ others when he is at work. His friends know him very well and always __________ him on the telephone if he is free before they go to __________ him.
Tom works in a middle school and he hopes to do some reading at home. But he has some friends and they __________ chatting. Of course it is __________ for him to stop them. He feels sorry after they leave. So one day, when Tom met John in front of his building, he asked John for some advice. John was very happy to __________ Tom.
“I always put my hat and gloves on my desk before working, ”said John. “When the __________ is ringing, I put them on quickly and then I open the door. If a man wants to chat with me, I say, “Oh, __________. I am going out!”
“What do you say if it is a person you want?”
“That’s easy.” John said, “I can say, ‘Luckily I have just __________.”
1. A. money B. food C. time D. water
2. A. receive B. hurt C. hit D. know
3. A. tell B. call C. ring D. ask
4. A. answer B. visit C. catch D. send
5. A. like B. hate C. mind D. finish
6. A. strange B. easy C. difficult D. clear
7. A. lend B. give C. hear D. help
8. A. radio B. doorbell C. clock D. phone
9, A. sorry B. pardon C. goodbye D. glad
10. A. left B. traveled C. come back D. got on
D. Read the passage and fill in the blanks with proper words.
We are often warned by our teachers never to w__________ time, because time lost will never r__________. I think it quite true. What is time l__________? Nobody know, and we cannot see it or touch it and no amount of money can buy it. Time is abstract, so we have to imagine about it. Time p__________ very quickly. Some students say that they don’t have enough time to p__________ all their lessons. It is b__________ they don’t know how to make use of their time.
Write a passage at least 50 words about “Love.”
一.1-5 CAACD 6-10 DABAB 11-15 ADCCB
二 1. Careless 2. death 3. really 4. hungry 5. fishing
三 1. telling 2. doesn’t 3. has been 4. has, been 5. stay
五 1. How far 2. Why didn’t 3. What, like 4. What, for 5. didn’t, many
六 (A) FTFTT
(C)1. She lived in a small village.
2. No, she didn’t.
3. Because she could make a lot of money there.
4. By train.
5. No, because Mrs. Black didn’t have a telephone.
(D) 1-5 CADBA 6-10 CDBAC
(E) waste; return; like; passes; prepare; because.